Monday, June 4, 2007

Another Victory for Barron Maroon!

Andrew's baseball team had another game tonight in Chetek. We thought that we were going to get rained/stormed out for a while, as the sky was very dark, and the wind was blowing the dirt off the infield into my eyes! But, we sat thru the blowing and the eventual rain, and it finally blew over and the evening was quite nice--but chilly! Andrew was able to pitch again tonight and did another great job on the mound. He also had 3 great hits tonight. Barron Maroon won 12 to 2--we were able to stop the game early since we won by the "10 run rule".

Abby had her piano recital yesterday afternoon. She looked so sweet in her Easter dress with her hair nicely combed--not her usual scraggly self! I will post pictures soon--I didn't have my digital camera along, so I will have to wait to get the film developed from my 35 mm. She did a wonderful job with her song, Leap Frog. I think she was the best out of all of the beginner players! And I'm not just saying that! :-)

Tomorrow, Andrew has his sixth grade class trip to a water park in Duluth for the day. He is looking forward to getting out of the school for the day and hanging out with the "gang". I am sure they will have a good time.

Austin is also getting out of class tomorrow, as our varsity baseball team is playing in the sectionals in Cumberland tomorrow. The student senate has declared tomorrow "Spirit Day", and the school is taking a bunch of bus loads of students to the game. I am sure they will all have fun, and the baseball team will have a ton of support with most of the high school and middle school there to watch the game! If we win both of our games tomorrow, Barron will go to state again...

It is a busy week for the kids (and the parents) as school is winding down. Austin has his class field trip Wednesday to Valleyfair, Abby has a pajama party on Wednesday and soccer Wednesday evening, Wednesday is my last day of tutoring. Thursday, both boys have baseball games, Thursday is the last day of school with early release. Friday, Andrew has a baseball game as part of the Barron Tournament. Jeremy, Kara, and Allie are coming to visit on Friday night, also. Saturday, Abby has her last soccer in Barron, Austin has his last soccer in Cumberland, and Andrew has a baseball tournament in Barron. Allie is going to hang out with us for the day/night on Saturday while mom and dad go to a wedding in Eau Claire. It is also the Barron Fest this weekend with rides and a parade on Sunday--plenty to do for the weekend! I hope the weather cooperates! :-)

Well, I hope to have pictures for the next post. That's all for now!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Another busy week!
I am jealous that you get to have Allie visit this weekend.
I guess we will get to see her the following weekend.....we will get to see all of you. :)

Sheila said...

Another busy week!
I am jealous that you get to have Allie visit this weekend.
I guess we will get to see her the following weekend.....we will get to see all of you. :)