Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Day With the Dorwins...

Today, we were able to spend some time with the Dorwin family in Menomonie at Wakanda Water Park to celebrate Carter's BIRTHDAY! It was a nice, hot day for the pool, and the kids had fun playing in the water, as well as the sand area.
~~~
Of course, I had to snap a few photos, and here a few of the 107 pictures I came home with! (Yes, I did say 107 pictures!)
~~~
The birthday crew--
Back row: Andrew, Austin, Paige, Dylan
Middle row: Bradley, Abby, Evan
First Row: Olivia, Carter, Madison, and Cruz
I hope I didn't get Carter's two friend's names mixed up--they are twins, and even though they don't look alike, I kept getting them mixed up! :-(~~~
Carter splashing down at the end of the big slide!

~~~

Carter negotiating the logs...

~~~
Even Grandpa Ken took his turn crossing the log bridge! He wasn't real graceful, but he made it across! Way to go, Gramps!


~~~

Abby made the log bridge look like a walk in the park--too easy for her!~~~

Austin evaded the camera most of the afternoon...

~~~

Unfortunately, Andrew did NOT evade the camera! Here he is, striking a pose!~~~
Evan's pipes were getting bigger by the minute! Dylan is checking out Evan's "hardware"!~~~

Paige is SO cute!!!

~~~

Cruz assured me that the cupcakes were yummy!

~~~

Bradley and Cruz were on a serious bug hunt in the culvert. Bradley received a bug-catching kit (and so did Carter) from Grandma Deb and Grandpa Ken--You will see his favorite piece of the kit in a picture further down...~~~
I had a ton of fun following Bradley around today and taking pictures of him. I guess that he was the only one who moved slow enough for me to keep up with! Or maybe it was because he didn't go far into the water that I was able to capture him on film--or rather on "memory card"!

~~~

A half-smile for Auntie!~~~
A scowl!~~~

Climbing the walls!!!

~~~

Bug huntin'

~~~

I just LOVE my new magnifying glass!

~~~
Lovin' the water...

~~~

Swimming like the big guys!

~~~

The sand "pit" was a big hit with Bradley today!~~~

Jumpin' off the slide

~~~

"I love getting dirty!" ~~~
Grandpa Ken was reliving his "younger" years when he was the "Speedy Gonzales" of Independence, so, in the spirit of the memory, he challenged Andrew to a footrace! I tried to warn Grandpa that Andrew was the fastest guy on the team, but I think Grandpa forgot...

~~~
Grandpa and Andrew racing. I told Grandpa he won by a belly, but that was just to make him feel good! :-)

~~~

Of course, Auntie Nicky can never back away from a challenge, so she also ran against Andrew. I think the picture speaks for itself as to who won this race!~~~

These two cousins seem to have more in common than just the same last name!


~~~
We had a fun afternoon with Chad and Nicole's family celebrating Carter's birthday. LaNita and Bill and Deb and Ken were there, as well as Jamie and I, Evan, and 2 of Carter's friends from school. We had to leave a bit early to get the boys to basketball camp, and Abby stayed with Grandma and Grandpa to spend a few days with them. It will be a lonley week for me!!! :-(

~~~

Happy Birthday, Carter!




3 comments:

The Dorwin's said...

I love the nail biting pics!!

The Fyllings said...

Wow, what a fun birthday for Carter...Happy 7th birthday!

The Fyllings

Pat said...

What a fun place to spend a birthday! Many more to you Carter.

Auntie Pat