Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Philippino Birds, Rookie of the Year, and Stunning Toes

Many years ago, my MUCH OLDER sister, Sheila, went on a teen mission trip to the Philippines. I believe it was the summer of 1981? I would have been 8 years old at that time. When Sheila came home, she brought several souvenirs back for me. A little yellow dress, a woven purse, a jewelry box, a new testament Bible, and two necklaces. I still have all of those special souvenirs, and the necklaces have been in my various jewelry boxes over the years.
~~~
Fast forward to 2009. Mom and I were shopping last weekend, and I found the cutest shirt! I wore my new shirt today, and guess what necklace looks stunning with my new shirt?!?
Yep! My "old" necklace my sister picked out for me from the Philippines over 25 years ago!
~~~
Abby was kind enough to demonstrate her photography skills to take a pic of me modeling my necklace tonight. I was kind enough to pose willingly for her...
(no, I did not rotate the photo, Abz turned the camera upside down!)~~~
A close-up of my little shell-bird necklace...
Thanks, sister, for a gift I will have forever!
~~~
Austin brought home his awards from his golf season yesterday. He had a great time playing golf this year--and who wouldn't?! The team got out of a lot of school to go play in meets around the area!
~~~
Austin was awarded "Rookie of the Year" by his coaches...
~~~
And, he earned his Varsity Letter in Golf!
Congratulations, Austin!
~~~
The Squirrel got painted toe nails tonight. They were so stunning and "girly", that I had to take a picture for the blog. Sometimes, she is so busy playing soccer/basketball/volleyball/golf and keeping up with the boys, she doesn't take time for the girl things, so we had to document this moment for posterity!
:-)

3 comments:

Pat said...

The blouse and necklace look good, the rest of the photo might have looked better if turned upright!

Congrats to Austin for being Rookie of the Year in golf.

Abz, how long will your toes look so snazzie?

Sheila said...

I can't believe you still have those things! Good thing.....because it does look lovely with that shirt!
Good golfing Austin!
OH....and nice toes Abz. :)

The Dorwin's said...

Great job with golf, Austin!

Love the toe nails Abby. We will have to do a girls day together since, well, it may look silly if I take my boys on a "girls-day" with me. :-)