Sunday, November 14, 2010

Winter Wonderland???

Bah, Humbug!
~~~
Although I don't normally use profanity on my blog, I will warn you, internet, that today's post will be full of a certain "s" word. Yes, it {snowed} in Barron overnight!
~~~
We awoke Saturday morning to a snow-covered world. While we enjoyed the whole week with temperatures in the 50's and 60's, I was dismayed to hear the forcast for the fluffy white stuff for the end of the week.
~~~
For once, the weather man was right, and when I looked out my kitchen window, this is what I saw...~~~
Now, even though I hate snow passionately, I did find some beauty in the cold, icy nastiness...
~~~
Even Abz thought this tree was pretty!
~~~
This, however, was NOT a pretty sight, and was a foretelling of many days to come!
~~~
Two little girls had a BLAST in the snow all day today--coming in only to eat hot cream of potato soup and enjoy mugs of steaming mulled apple cider...
~~~
Two stinky, wet dogs enjoyed the snow even more than the two girls!
~~~
Both Abz and Bay and Jack and Sophie are sleeping good tonight!
~~~
Goodbye, fall--I will miss you!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I wondered who all recieved the snowfall - your pics are nice, but I don't look forward to it when coming back for Christmas! Seeing family and friends again is another story.