Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Day on the Green

Today was d-day.
~~~
I made my golfing debut.
~~~
It was a painful experience. Painful for everyone involved. I really stunk up the course could use some added instruction, and that is putting it mildly! It did lightly rain the whole time we were out there--perhaps I can blame my poor performance on that???
~~~
On a positive note, it was fun watching the kids and Jamie get their golf groove on.
~~~
Here is Abz lining up her swing...
~~~
Andrew tee-ing off... ~~~
Austin at the tee box...
~~~
Poor, uncoordinated me trying like crazy to make contact with that stupid, white ball...
~~~
Jamie sending the ball for a ride...
In just over an hour and a half, we completed four holes. No score was kept (thank goodness!), and after that much pain and suffering, we decided to head for home.

~~~
This day was a warm-up for me to golf on Friday afternoon with our "gang" of friends. I think it is a safe bet to say that I will be the worst golfer on the course that night! Fortunately, we are playing a Best Ball Scramble, so pray I get put on a team with a stellar golfer--I am going to need it!

~~~

FORE!

2 comments:

The Fyllings said...

I find that I golf much better with a pink ball. Try that next time! :)

Nick Uthe said...

Hey,....this is your favorite kids carsen and nick. We both were just wondering if you could make a dedication post to the 99.9 the carp . About it reformatting and stuff. Please If you need more imformation you can contact CTD at his office at 715-205-5934

Sincerly :

Nick Uthe

Carsen Davis