Wednesday, December 12, 2007

WE HAVE A FLOOR!!!!--(kind of...)

Well, it was a BIG day here at our house--we finally had some tile laid in the kitchen!!! (This has been a very LONG process to get to this point!) We are so proud to finally have a floor, that I took a picture for our blog! Of course, we can't walk on it, as it is still setting, and there is no grout yet(it will be mocha-colored), but it is still a FLOOR! (half-way, anyway!)
The next order of business (after the floor is complete), is to hang the crown moulding and then our cabinets are supposed to be in on Monday of next week (this date, too, keeps changing--*sigh*). Our doors and trim are getting stained and painted tomorrow, so they will be ready to hang as needed, and the windows are supposed to be installed with the cabinets. Perhaps there IS a light at the end of this tunnel called "remodeling"???
It is hard to tell the wall colors in my pictures, but they are "Autumn Gray", which is like an Army green color, I think, and "Cobblestone", which is kind of tan/butterscotch in color. I also have painted "Wine Barrel" down the stairwell, which is kind of a rusty burgandy color--guess I shouldn't have picked my colors out in the fall season!!! :-)
Hopefully, I will soon have some more pictures to share and the room will actually look like a KITCHEN!!!!


No comments: