Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Most Marvelous Mother's Day!

Today, my family treated me to a wonderful Mother's Day! My day started off when I went downstairs to find Abby had made me a cup of coffee and some heart-shaped toast! She had worked so hard on her toast! I was so pleased, as her intention was to bring it to me in bed, and I had never had a Mother's Day breakfast in bed before! Of course, I took a picture of my heart toast for the blog!~~~
Austin, Abby, and I then headed out for Durand and Club 10 for a Mother's Day Brunch. Andrew and Jamie met us there, as they had been in Independence to turkey hunt this weekend (unfortunately, with no luck...). We ate with Grandma Lila, Grandma Pat and Grandpa Denny, Grandma Deb and Grandpa Ken, Bill and LaNita, Jack, Todd, Missy, Dylan, Paige, and Cruz, Ross, Stephanie, and Little Abby, and two extra-special guests, Kara and Allie, drove over from Rochester to spend the day with us! It was nice to be able to see everyone again!
~~~
Abby was the photographer for the day for me. Here is Grandma Pat and Grandpa Denny visiting at the dinner table--look how Grandpa is demonstrating proper drinking etiquette!!! (Abz found that quite funny!)
~~~
Jack Nicholson even showed up at our Mother's Day Brunch!

No, wait, I guess that is Grandpa Ken modeling my shades!
~~~
Grandma Deb and Grandpa Ken drove over from Indee for the day, too!
~~~
Great, Great Grandma Lila plays with Allie and Little Abby
~~~
Allie Marie and Abz were buddies today--they had a lot of fun playing together! Abby told me tonight--"I don't want to sound mean or selfish, but I liked having Allie all to myself today and not having to share her with anyone!"
:-)
~~~
Little Abby was walking around the chair all by herself today! She is getting to be quite a big girl, and she had her hair pulled up in a cute little pony!
~~~
Sweet little Allie Marie!
~~~
Austin, Andrew, and Jamie visited at their end of the table...
~~~
After lunch, Abby and I, along with Kara and Allie and Grandma Pat and Grandpa Denny, drove south to Nelson to visit Grandma Bonnie. It had been too long since we had seen her, and she was sure glad to see us show up at her door! Abby and Allie played with her toys, visited her bird, and played Play-Dough while the rest of us visited and caught up on "Nelson News".
~~~
Abz and Great Grandma Bonnie
~~~
Allie hopped right up on Gram's lap and as Gram was talking to her, she nodded her head very gravely, like she was agreeing with everything Gram was saying, and taking the conversation very seriously--it was so cute! She also asked Gram to help her put on her shoes and jacket when it was time to go--she really liked Gram!
~~~
Allie Marie and Great, Great Grandma Bernice Marie
~~~
Grandpa Denny found a comfey spot in Gram's old chair...
~~~
All together, it was a very nice Mother's Day! I am so lucky to have three great kids and a great husband to celebrate it with!
~~~
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Kay Borowski said...

Wow, you had quite the celebration with lots of people enjoying it together! How very nice for all of you. I loved seeing the good pictures and feeling a part of the excitement.

My Mother's Day was very rewarding also, although not as jam-packed as yours since we'd already had a busy week with grandchildren's activities and Wes was on call over the weekend and Kari is coming later. I had wonderful, heart-warming messages, calls, cards and gifts and just feel so blessed as a wife, mother,grandmother and great-grand! (That includes "in-laws" and all of you special people who have been gladly added to the family.) God is good and I am thankful. God bless you all!

Pat said...

It was a special day for me to be a part of the Mother's Day activities shown here by word and picture. Abz, next time let me know you are taking the picture! Thanks for the Klimek's and Kara and Allie spending the day with all of us.

Love,
Gram Pat