Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meeting Erik Campbell

I am happy to report that I am finally home in Barron tonight, and I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! Rumor has it, that two DOGS have been occupying my space in the bed while I have been gone! I am appalled and grossed-out beyond words!

~~~

I had time for two last lectures this morning before hopping my shuttle to the airport in Hartford, CT. I snapped a quick picture from my hotel room window before I left to give everyone an idea of the view I had...I thought it looked a lot like Wisconsin--only "hillier"!

~~~

I was very fortunate to have visitors on Saturday night! Joe, Leah, and Baby Erik came to my hotel to pick me up, and they took me to the nearby town of Mystic, CT, to have dinner! (They also made an emergency stop at a gas station for me to stock up on some COCA~COLA!) Little Erik was SO CUTE!! He is such a good baby, and he was very content to let me hold him and squeeze him--I held off on pinching him, although the urge was strong!!! :-)

~~~
Here is Erik at the resturant with his mom and dad...

~~~

What a handsome little man!~~~


The poor little guy was a good sport about having the flash go off in his face all night... ~~~

I thought little Erik looked a lot like I remember his mommy when she was young (without the cute hair-pretties!)--but he has his daddy's eyes!
Cute little Leah...
Thanks, Campbell family, for springing me from the conference for a night on the town!

~~~


It is good to be home!



3 comments:

Pat said...

Glad to see that you were able to visit with the Campbells, I'm sure that it was great for them too.

As for the dogs ###### glad it wasn't my bed!

I'm sure the family were happy to have you home again.

Love,
Mom

Joe 'n Leah said...

We thoroughly enjoyed your visit and were glad to begin introducing Erik to his cousins!

The Dorwin's said...

Erik is adorable! I would love to squeeze his little cheeks!