Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soccer and Basketball

Andrew had his first game of Seventh Grade School Basketball tonight. Barron played Cumberland at Cumberland. I am thrilled to say that our team won with a score of 54 to 32!!! Andrew played great--he is the point guard, and he does an awesome job of seeing the whole floor and making great passes! Here he is driving down the court...
I didn't have my camera set to the "sports setting" tonight, so I got a bit blurry with some of the shots. :-( Here is Andrew making a drive to the basket--he scored 2 on this one!!!!

Andrew directing his teammates at the point position...


I wrote about Austin's BIG VARSITY GOAL in my previous post on Tuesday, October, 16th. In this week's Barron News Shield, there was a brief write-up on the soccer team, and it mentioned Austin's goal, as it was the only goal scored by Barron in the game that night in our loss to Chippewa Falls McDonnell. I took a picture of the quote from the soccer coach that appeared in the paper...
Even though they got the spelling wrong, we were thrilled that Austin's big goal made the paper! Way to go, Austin!




No comments: