Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pre-Competition Party in Plover!

Abby is in Steven's Point today for her team's Destination ImagiNation State Competition. Jamie and Grandma Pat made the journey with her yesterday to Plover (a few miles outside of Steven's Point) to the motel in anticipation of the BIG DAY today. I am home with the boys (more on that later...)
~~~
The whole DI team stayed in the same motel last night, and from the sounds I heard on the cell phone when Jamie called me, they had a great time together! Grandma Pat has her digital camera with her, and she was kind enough to e-mail me some pics this morning!
~~~
Here is Abby with some of the team members at the pool last night...~~~
Jumping in the pool!
Abby, Rece, Megan, Brandon, and Brooke
~~~
Abby called me this morning to let me know that Dad snuggled her stuffed sheep, "Limlamb", all night last night--she thought that was so funny! Imagine my suprise when I opened my e-mail and found Grandma Pat had captured it on film!!! You can see Limlamb peeking out from under Jamie's arm!
Jamie and Abby took a fan and some ear plugs along to cover up the loud snoring that Limlamb is famous for. At least, I think it was Limlamb... Jamie said he didn't use his earplugs, but Abby did--she said they worked GREAT!!! She snuggled her new stuffed animal, "Pinky Pie" the Pig, that she got in honor of their DI skit, "Goldilocks and the Three Pigs".
~~~

I am at home with the boys this weekend, much to Andrew's disgust! He thought I was going along to Steven's Point and leaving them home alone!!! :-) Tonight is Barron's Junior Prom, and Austin is going with a bunch of friends. Jamie made arrangements with a friend of his to borrow a truck for the boys to ride to prom in. I believe I will be driving them, unless that is just "too uncool". In that case, Jamie's friend, Squeek, will drive the guys. I drove this beast home from Eau Claire last night--boy, did I get the looks!!!
I will take prom pics tonight of the guys in their tuxes, and I will let you know how Abby's team did in their competition... Check back tomorrow for another post!!!!

1 comment:

The Fyllings said...

We have been thinking about your fun weekend...can't wait to hear more!