Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cleaning Up in Cumberland

The Golden Bears travelled to Cumberland on Thursday night to take on the Beavers in a conference game. The BHS JV had two subs for this game--Lee was feeling better and was back in uniform for the game.
~~~
Our JV boys did well throughout the game--although there were too many times the score was too close for comfort!
~~~
Austin nailed a three-pointer during the game...~~~
Eddie bringing the ball to his teammates...
~~~
Pulling up for another shot...
~~~
Austin was 9 for 10 from the free throw line! Here he is scoring his last free-throw of the night...
Austin had a good game and, I think, scored 12 points for the night!
~~~
The final score of the game: BHS JV, 49, Cumberland, 40
~~~
Our Varsity boys had a great game. They played really well, and they had fun during their game. It was a fun game to see our guys play. Even our coaches were enjoying themselves!
~~~
Coach Baumgard and Coach Schradle
~~~
David "Sparky" Sloan saw some varsity time again during the Cumberland game...
~~~
Of course, I am always on the look-out for funny things... In Cumberland, I found several.
The first thing that struck me as funny was the cheerleaders. Those that know me, know my aversion toward cheerleading in general, so perhaps, I may be a bit critical--no, really! These poor cheerleaders were doing a pom-pon routine while the band was playing. They were performing to the only EMPTY section of bleachers in the whole gymnasium! Cumberland fans were everywhere, and they chose to dance in front of empty seats! Now that was funny!
~~~
Another thing that struck both Jamie and I as amusing (as well as a few people sitting around us), was this particular ref and his "mom pants". I think the picture says it all...
~~~
My final observation of the evening to share with you all came when a small boy on the other side of the gym from me dumped half of his bag of popcorn on the floor. I was totally grossed out when he proceeded to bend down and EAT the popcorn right off the floor by the fistful!
~~~
In spite of all of the distractions, I did manage to watch the game, too! Our varsity boys won by over 15 points!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Another good game night! Great going Austin....

Shana, you do have a wandering eye seeing all these things to make us laugh.

Mom