Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bringin' Down the Wall!

The wall in the kitchen finally came down today--it feels like we are making some progress, however small! :-) Our original floor plan has changed, since we have had to do some changes to the outside walls along the way to accommodate the electrical service coming into the house, so that has been a bit stressful. I guess I never imagined this would be such a ... messy... project! (smile) I tried to take some pictures of our new/old kitchen tonight -- minus the wall, but my camera wouldn't let me zoom out as much as I would have liked to. So, bear with me, and try to use your imagination to see what our kitchen looks like with a big hole where the wall used to be!
Here is a view from the northwest corner of the "new" kitchen looking into the "old" kitchen. The refrigerator and stove are still in the original spots for now... Note the radiator in the middle of the floor! That used to be under the counter that was under the window!
This picture was taken from the steps leading into the living room. This view used to include cupboards, the window overlooking the backyard, and the counter where the kids ate breakfast. Again, you can see the radiator still remains in the middle of the floor. Jack isn't sure what to think of the new kitchen space. He sniffed out the whole area, and then took a nap on the plywood floor.
Tomorrow, we are supposed to get the electrical wiring done--or at least started. I am hoping we are on a stretch of seeing a lot of progress, as I am still hopeful we will have the kitchen done by Christmas...


2 comments:

The Fyllings said...

Lookin' good. I can just smell the fresh cut plywood!

THE BREIDUNG BLOG said...

Looks like alot of work!! We will soon be starting our remodeling project too. We have torn up our old basement and are hiring someone to come and remodel our rec room and office room.