Monday, March 31, 2008

Out Like a Lion!!!

Today is like an early April Fool's joke gone awry! It is snowing and snowing with no end in sight! Yesterday, I was driving home from La Crosse, admiring how most of the snow has melted, and tonight, I was out shoveling about 6 inches of heavy, wet snow! UGH!!! Will spring EVER come??? March has definately gone "out like a lion"!
~~~
There are three in our family who enjoyed our snowstorm--Abby, Jack, and Sophie had a GREAT time frolicking in the fluffy, deep snow tonight! They especially like rolling and wrestling on the trampoline together!
~~~
All of that fresh, cold air makes for some cute, rosy cheeks!!!
~~~
The boys didn't appreciate the snow, until their dad gave them the news that school is definately 2 hours late tomorrow, with the possibility of being cancelled! Then, the snow took on a whole new light in their eyes! Jamie has been in contact with our friend, Monte, the school superintendent, as to the road conditions. Monte was in Madison today for a meeting and needed updates on the roads north from Eau Claire to Barron--he ended up stranded in Osseo, and he decided to postpone school for 2 hours. Jamie is taking all of the credit!!! :-)
~~~
Jamie and I got in one last (I hope) round with the shovels tonight. But the snow is still pouring out of the sky--perhaps I will have another rendevous with my shovel in the morning so I will be able to get out of the driveway?!? Thankfully, Jamie's friend, Adam, was here today and installed our new garage door, so my car is snug and dry in my new garage!!! No scraping for me in the morning!!! :-)
~~~
Hope everyone is warm and dry tonight!



1 comment:

THE BREIDUNG BLOG said...

All that snow stinks!! We've just been getting alot of rain here...all the snow is finally gone and our tulips are even starting to come out...hopefully your snow melts as fast as it fell.