Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Bears Visit the Panthers--This Can't Be Good!

Tonight found us traveling down Highway 25 to Durand for a showdown between the Barron Bears and the Durand Panthers. Austin had a great night of basketball, and hit 2 three-pointers in the game. He also had some great steals and a nice break-away lay up, along with his usual assists during the game. Unfortunately, the effort put forth by the Bears just wasn't enough, and they fell prey to the Panthers by over 20 points. UGH!!! Austin did play well, though, and didn't sit out the whole game. We were proud of his effort!

(Both the JV and Varsity won their games tonight...)
~~~
When we were about 10 miles out of Barron, I realized that I had forgotten my camera. :-( I am so disgusted, because I wanted to take pictures for this blog post of all of the "fans" that came tonight to watch the game! Austin was very thankful to have a large gathering of family that was able to come and watch him play tonight---and we were also thankful for those that made the trip to come to the game. Thanks a bunch! It sure meant a lot to us to have you there, and Austin appreciated it, too!
~~~
Thanks to our special fans: Grandma Deb, Grandpa Ken, Auntie Nicole, Carter (and his friend, Nicholas), LaNita, Bill, Dylan, Paige, Jack, Don, Amy, Brett, and Hunter!!!! Along with Jamie, Andrew, Abby, and myself, I am sure Austin had the largest cheering section at the game tonight!
~~~
After the C-Team game, Jamie, Andrew, Abby, and I went to visit at Chad and Nicole's house so we could see Bradley for a few minutes before heading back to Barron. Chad is on the road tonight, so we missed him. We played with the boys for a bit, and then hit the road.
~~~
Thanks again to all of you who came to watch Austin play tonight!!!

:-)

SIDENOTE: Poor Andrew was home sick again today with a fever of 101.3. I had my car running to warm up at 6:30 am, when he stumbled into the bathroom to let me know he didn't feel well. I stayed home, thinking I would take him to Camp Phillips where his class is working on building their quinzees for their winter survival unit, when he felt better. Unfortunately, the poor kid didn't have his fever break until about 1:00 in the afternoon. He still is complaining of a sore throat and a stuffy nose and a cough, but his fever appears to be gone (we hope), so he is planning on going to school/Camp Phillips tomorrow to finish the quinzee construction. The big sleepover is scheduled for Thursday night, when all of the kids will be sleeping outside in their quinzees--I hope he doesn't end up with pneumonia!!!!

:-{

Only 2 more games left of this basketball season....

1 comment:

The Fyllings said...

Wish we could have been in Austin's cheering section tonight!!