Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A BIG "W"!!!!!!

The Barron Boys played tonight in Somerset, WI in a non-conference match-up. Jamie and I both made it to watch the game--I brought Abby and Bailey with me to cheer the boys on! Austin and his team had a GREAT night of basketball tonight and pulled out a BIG VICTORY with a score of 65 to 33!!! They trounced the Somerset C-Team, and they looked really good! It was a fun game to watch, and I am glad Jamie and I were both able to see them play. We didn't stay for the varsity game tonight, as it is just over an hour ride to Somerset, but both the Barron JV and the Varsity won tonight as well! I had to get the girls home so Abby could practice her piano once more before bed. :-)
~~~
Andrew had made plans with some friends to go to Eau Claire tonight to see the "Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana in the Best of Both Worlds" movie. Not real sure why a group of 12 and 13 year old boys wanted to see that movie, unless it was to check out all of the 12 and 13 year old girls that were there to see the movie!!! Anyway, when they got to the Oakwood Mall to purchase their tickets, they were charged $18.00 per ticket! They had pre-purchased their tickets, and after walking around the mall for a little bit, decided that Hannah Montana wasn't worth $18, so they returned their tickets for a full refund. I couldn't believe the price of the tickets, so I called the theater tonight. Regular prices for movies are $8.50, but for the Hannah Montana movie, they said the "movie company" has set the price at $18! I checked other theaters, and LaCrosse is also selling them for $18, but in MN, they are $15--Highway Robbery all around!!! Anyway, that is my gripe tonight! The boys ended up just shopping for the evening instead. :-)
~~~
Well, hope you are all having a good week so far. Happy Birthday, Jamin O'Malley!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the birthday wish Klimeks! Damara will be taking me out to dinner and a show at the Theatre.de la.Jeune Lune on the 29th to celebrate! Hope all is well with you, looks like the house is coming along, and the kids are busy as always. Take care!