Monday, March 2, 2009

Golden Bears Second in Stillwater

On Saturday, we travelled with Andrew's eighth grade team to Stillwater to watch his last tournament in the Great Northwest Basketball League. They still have the State Tournaments to play in the first weekend in April, but this was their last regular tournament together as a team. They have been so much fun to watch play together over the years--starting in third grade thru eighth grade, these boys have been a great team to follow!
~~~
Here is Andrew taking the ball to the hoop...~~~
The Golden Bears won their first three games of the day against Cambridge-Isanti, Somerset, and Stillwater. That put the boys in the Championship game, and once again, up against their rivals for the year, Superior.
~~~
Here is Andrew at the point position--note the size difference between him and his defender. That is the average size of all of the Superior players!
Once again, Superior proved to be too much for us, and we were on the losing side of the score board.... But, that did earn the boys a second place ribbon for their day's work! Not too shabby!
~~~
It would seem that my halo was slightly misaligned for the day, and, perhaps, my horns may have peaked thru my ultra-thin hair...

Yes, it is true! I received an official warning from the referee during the Somerset game due to my "unsportsman-like" comments that I directed toward the ref. In all fairness to myself, the entire crowd had erupted at the blatant disregard for our player's safety and the apparent blinders the ref was wearing, but according to Jamie, my "problem" is that I wait until it is quiet to holler my disapproval. On the contrary--I purposefully wait for that quiet moment so I can be sure my comments are heard!!! :-)

~~~

Here is the referee I offended...After he royally messed up two calls right in a row (one of which involved MY Andrew!!!), I waited for just the right moment to shout, "That's Terrible! Shame On You!! You Should Be Embarrassed!!!"
~~~
Can you see the horns?!?
I can't help it--it's my "famous" line! I use it at almost all of the games I attend when the ref-ing leaves something to be desired.

~~~

Anyway, I was properly chastised by the ref, and although I didn't feel any remorse (he SHOULD have been embarrassed!), I did keep my comments to myself for the rest of the game.

:-)

~~~
Abby was excited to have Emily and Allie to play with in addition to her old pal, Ahna, for the day of tournaments.

~~~

The three big girls sampled the ginormous dill pickles from the concession stand...~~~
Allie did some coloring...~~~
Emily Ann~~~
Allie had fun with the "big" girls!~~~

Thanks to Sheila, Wes, and Emily and Kara and Allie for coming to watch the whole day of basketball with us--it was sure fun to have you guys spend the weekend with us!!!

~~~

Andrew and the Golden Bears will have their last tournament together at the State Championships the first weekend in April...

GO GOLDEN BEARS!!!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Good going Andrew & team on the 2nd place win. You won game number one and didn't have to fight your way back!

I'm sure that you were happy to see part of the Borowski family and Kara and Allie at your games too.

I'm looking forward to watching your final game in a month or so along with the Klimek grandparents.

Love,
Gram Pat

Pat said...

By the way Shana, I have heard those very words come from your mouth several times. Were your girlfriends close enough to know you were singled out? I'm sure you will never hear the end of it!

Love,
Mom

PENNY B said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS...AND YES, I AM ONE OF YOUR LURKERS!!!

The Dorwin's said...

What do those Superior boys eat?!?! Yes, they are quite ginormous. Great going Andrew!

Shana....I do recall a game...or two, that I have heard those words before. Shame on you!! :-)

Sheila said...

It was a fun weekend. We are already looking forward to next season. :)